Sunday, September 27, 2009

Vintage and Sunshine

Today was the last day of the super sales at Spotlight, and I couldn't resist going back to stock up on a few of my fave fabrics that I have picked up over the last couple of weeks, and to also grab a little bit of some new fabrics. Here is a sneak peak at some of the gorgeous vintage and assorted printed fabrics I have acquired over the last 4 or 5 days.




I have an idea on what I would like to do with some of them, but most likely they will be turned into an array of accessories such as headbands, business card wallets, lining for handbags and clutches and reusable bags. I'm looking forward to making lots of goodies, but I think it may have to all be put on hold for a few weeks as I have found a new place to live :) Yay! I am going to be moving in only 3 weeks, and you would not believe the amount of packing I have to do! It is super exciting though, because my new house will have room specifically dedicated to crafting! Extra space is just what I have needed and can see myself becoming much more productive once the new room is all setup and ready to go. I'm also feeling a Spring clean coming up... which is appropriate, seeing as it is infact spring!

Bummed I missed out on going and checking out Kraftbomb this morning, but finding a place to live has become a priority recently (as it would be!). I'll hopefully get along to the Devonport Craft Market next weekend for a squiz.

Just realised I actually will need to pre-wash some of the fabric I am about to sew or else the first time someone washes their double sided red print with white fabric backing, the under side will undoubtedly become pink! Glad I thought of it before I started sewing! Best do a bulk wash of all red things now :)

Chat to you all later x

1 comment:

  1. Awww...good score love...gorgeous fabrics! Can't wait to see what you transform them into!

    ReplyDelete