Monday, November 2, 2009

My First Skipapple Market

I decided to do this as a separate post, as there is a few piccies and let's be honest — it deserves it's own post!

After weeks of planning, creating and preparations I finally attended my first ever market under my label, Skipapple! The morning started wonderfully with goodies selling left, right and centre, but unfortunately it got pretty quiet after lunch. Perhaps it was due to the fact the Auckland Marathon was on? Nevertheless I had a good day.


Goodies at my stall

 
Top: A snap of the market from my table... it was a bit quiet as you can see.
Middle: The lovely Jess and her stall
Bottom: My sweetheart of a stall neighbour, Olivia, and a shopper admiring her creations.


My lovely boyfriend came along to bring me some lunch and took this pic of me at my stall

Lucy from Felt and Mel from Black Swan Designs were there, so it was great to meet them and put faces to names/brands. Luisa from Crafternoon Tea also popped along and introduced herself so it was great to get to meet her too. I love finally being able to meet all these wonderful people in person... chatting on Twitter and Facebook just isn't the same!

So all in all I had a GREAT day and I cannot wait to get along to the Love Handmade market on the 14th of this month. I also have my fingers crossed for the November Crafternoon Tea market and the December Devonport Craft market too!

Chat to you all soon xx

4 comments:

  1. I promise I don't usually look that glum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool! Love your blog - nice to meet more NZ crafty bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. are those things with buttons in the first photo - cuffs? they look cool! will have to come see your stall next market!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely to meet you too PaisleyJade :)

    No, they aren't cuffs they are actually coffee cup sleeves that fit around your takeaway coffee cup. I'll be at Crafternoon Tea on 12th December and Love Handmade on the 19th Dec — that'd be cool if you came along and said hi!

    ReplyDelete